Saturday, March 5, 2011

BlueFire Reader for Adobe DRM eBooks

Today I borrowed an e-book from my local public library. Our library uses "My Media Mall" to manage e-borrowing. Library patrons can reserve a book, and when it's available, receive an email stating the book will be available for download for 3 days. Once downloaded, it is accessible for 14-days (Adobe Digital Editions is needed to read the DRM-protected book). Books can not be renewed, but patrons can request the title again, and get in the queue for the next available copy.

After downloading the book to my computer, I was not sure how to transfer it to my iPad. A bit of online research revealed "BlueFire Reader" which authenticates with an Adobe ID.  eBooks can then be "side-loaded" onto the iPad BlueFire Reader using iTunes.

From the website http://www.bluefirereader.com:

No comments:

Post a Comment